Friday, June 1, 2012

Great first day at my new job

I had an excellent first day of writing. I got off to a late start today, because today was the last day of school for the boys, consisting of a two-hour session. So Nicola and I dropped the boys off then went and had coffee and bummed around downtown Boise. Took Rob for a haircut then had lunch at Bardenay before heading back home. Nicola and the boys went to the pool while I wrote. I had a goal of 1,600 words today, and I'm happy to report that I topped 2,000 words. I kind of figured that day one was going to be a burst, as I've been champing at the bit to get down to writing. I had already written parts of chapter one, so I'm already at 7,500 words for the first chapter. I'm estimating each of six chapters to be about 16,000 words, so I'm more than halfway through chapter one on my first day. Feeling very good.

2 comments:

  1. So whats with the "Bing Crosby" picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time the photo was taken, I was the managing editor of the newspaper in San Mateo, Calif., when we had a party in the photo studio. I decided to put on the fedora, put a pipe in my mouth and swing a golf club for a retro look. It works since I'm kind of an old-fashioned newspaper throwback guy.

      Delete